I know, I know it is starting chilly outside, but I can’t really help to not trying this recipe. First time I try this drink during outing with my friend, in small, cozy and beautiful rooftop restaurant called Jardin Secreto Salvador Bachiller, the restaurant sitting in roof top building of beautiful shop in the heart of tourist area in Gran Via Madrid. My friend she convince me to try this, there are some variant but I choose the classic one. I just falling in love with the freshness of this drink and promise to myself to make it by my own.
I went to this restaurant during end of summer, and the weather was really nice, not really hot and not really cold (Madrid was so hot during summer but loving it, feel a lot like home, with a lot more value that make me even more love Madrid). It was quite hard to got in to this restaurant, there were a long queue and we have to wait for about 1-2 hour to see if any available seat for two, we came in exact after lunch time finish, maybe that was the reason why hard to get in.
Soon after reaching home, researching some recipe for this drink, and it turn out the ingredient was quite simple and easy to get, not really need extra ability like an expert bartender *GRIN :D. But after a while and a lot thing going on, forgot to execute the recipe haha. Until during grocery shopping I found really appealing mint leaf, that remind me so much to this recipe.
And all you need are
NON ALCOHOL MOJITO
serve 1- 150ml
- 1-2 tbs simple syrup *recipe followed
- 8 big mint leaf, 16 for small leaf
- 2 tbs fresh squeeze lime juice
- Soda water (there is a version that using sprite only without using simple syrup, but I prefer the simple syrup+soda water)
- 4-5 ice cube
- Put the lime juice, mint leaf and simple syrup in glass, then crush the mint leaf (actually there is a tool for it call muddler muddle, but I don’t have it in hand so I just use the back of the spoon, and crush the mint leaf for 1 minute until it bruise).
- Pour the soda water 2/3 half full and put the ice in it, stir it well (if you have the shaker it would be even better)
- Serve it, garnish with mint leaf and slice of lime
- There you go, sit back and enjoy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Put sugar and water in small sauce pan on medium heat, just leave it until sugar dissolve, but you need to keep an eye on it, otherwise the sugar will get burn. After sugar dissolve becoming clear liquid, take off from the heat and let it cool before using it.