I am not consider myself as vegan, but I got a lot respect for veganism. Personally to explore on vegan world is really excite me, filling me with enthusiasm on how the recipe will be turn out, since basically I really love fresh food with their originally taste without too much additional seasoning *keeping food simple with a less seasoning is ultimate satisfaction to me, as Leonardo da Vinci said “simplicity is ultimate sophistication”, okay back to the kitchen haha.
This recipe, all come from natural source, and keeping the ingredient, as beautiful, raw and delicious as they are. I first saw this recipe during exploring on Pinterest looking something good to my tastebud, my body and my health :D. Look easy to be done and mouth watering. Another reason that I love to explore vegan food is because they are healthy and there are a big awareness of healthy lifestyle recently, which is super good. Even sometime I can’t resist a temptation of juicy burger and hot spicy fried chicken I got from fast-food chain, but life is about balance baby, isn’t that right? nah, don’t listen to me 😀
Okay back to this recipe, I don’t add any artificial sugar, keeping everything raw as possible with minimal process (even some part if you want to making it quick, you need to soak the cashew on hot water, but if you prefer it all raw you need to wait over night to get the cashew soft to achieve creamy outcome). In the original recipe it call for some lemon which I replace with lime, and found out that lime was not sharp enough so I suggest to used lemon instead. When I create this recipe, I got really sweet blueberry which make the cake more subtle in flavour, not as sharp as I expected.
In here all you will need
VEGAN BLUEBERRY TASTE LIKE CHEESE CAKE
This recipe are gluten free, dairy free and refine sugar free. I make in 16cm springform pan and it serve 8 tiny slice (if you don’t have this size you can either double the recipe or make half of the recipe)
- 5 medjol dates or you can used any variety of dates in 1 cup amount
- 1 cup almond
- pinch of sea salt
- 11/2 cup cashew nut, soaking it in water over night then rinse it
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 6 table spoon coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 coconut milk, thick and full fat
- 5-6 honey to taste
- 125 gram fresh blueberry or frozen (but thawed it)
TOPPING (you can really put everything as you preference for the topping)
- Fresh blueberry
- Soak the dates in warm water until soft, approximately 10-15 minute then drain it. Put the dates, almond and sea salt in food processor and pulse it until reaching paste form.
- Put the crust mixture in the bottom of springform pan and press it gently. If you don’t have springform pan, you can layered normal pan with cling film with extra until it cover the surface of the pan so would be easy to pulling out the cake when ready to serve. Left the crust mixture in freezer while making the filling.
- Put all the filling ingredient in food processor and pulse it, until reaching smooth consistency (really important to pulse it as smooth as possible, so you would get the creamiest texture cake). Pour the filling into the crust and cover it with cling film, if you make it with normal pan you can cover it with an extra cling film you got. Freeze it for at least 4 hour.
- Before serving it, take the cake out from the freezer and leave it in room temperature 10-15 minute, or cut it with hot knife (run the knife in hot or warm water then dry it off) to make a neat finish. But before that you can decorate it with fresh fruit or even edible flower if you have it in hand.
- There are some left over I got in the next day, and I make some smoothie bowl from it, but adding some more fruit, mint and almond milk, then topping with raisin, banana and fresh blueberry. To my surprise my baby boy loving it, since he tend not liking any mushy texture food.