Well this is quite late post, It was few days ago, when the sun was shine so bright in Madrid which was so awesome for autumn, even the temperature was already drop, but that day was gloomy day for me. Walking pass by several block after dropping my baby daughter to school, and I am end up in this my favourite vegetable and fruit shop. This shop is run by the entire family, it is family business, I quite know the owner, the lady name Imperial, what super original and beautiful name *she was surprise when found out my name is Casey, she think my name supposed to be more exotic than Casey haha.
This lady is supercool, she is 55 but she just look like in her mid 40, her energy is so contagious, she is so funny, open minded and have really a broad knowledge, really such a fun to have some conversation and discussion with her. On that day, there was here one grandpa entering the shop, and she said if there was anything she can do for him, and the grandpa just ignoring him, and she just said “I love when I talked to someone and this someone just ignoring me”, I don’t know why I found it so funny, I just laugh my ass so hard to heard her spontaneous and her sense of humour, I can said she just have similar dry humour with a touch sarcasm just like me, which is why we are such a match. She also have the willingness and eager to try any weird ingredient, which also similar to me, the more weird the ingredient, to more I want to tried to cooked it haha.
So back to my grocery shopping activity, I don’t know if you would interested but I will going to write it anyway haha, that day was lucky day for me, I found vegetable that I really want to eat and curious with the taste, I found this purple cauliflower *I love to found that my kids really love it, they even eat it raw, quite proud moment haha if you know what I mean mom?yes? also I found this vegetable, alien looking alike vegetable called Romanesco broccoli, I saw it first in again Nigella Lawson show, I am really admire her and following every of her show. But this Romanesco I still don’t know how it taste, still store it in fridge haha *cooking fresh vegetable they said? haha, I also got few fruit that my little lady asking for *she can’t live without her fruit haha, well It is good to know that at least I’d get the edible kitchen decoration *wink
The purple cauliflower I cooked it for breakfast, again to brighten my day, since for me breakfast is the highlight for my day, I want delicious breakfast that lift up my entire day. Every morning when I realised the day would be hard for me, I will cooked the most vibrant and delicious breakfast, and I know I’ll gracefully get through the day *keep your mind positive. I cooked the cauliflower with garlic, kick of chilli, shallot, spring onion, carrot, and tuna hmmm what a combo, I also serve it with Tortilla de Patatas, I’ll give the recipe in separate post, please hang on and wait for it *wink
Here my rainbow stir-fried
- 1 head purple colour cauliflower (you can replace it with just normal cauliflower, will be equally delicious)
- 1 carrot (cut it as your preference)
- 1 can good quality tuna
- 1 french shallot (slice it a bit fine)
- 3 clove garlic (crushed it and chop roughly)
- 2 green chilli, seed out if you don’t want it spicy, I keep mine in
- 3 spring onion to serve, chop it roughly
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs light olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- In medium heat, put medium size pan, put in the olive oil, shallot, garlic and the chilli, stir fried it until smell fragrance.
- Put in all the vegetable and the water
- Let in all the seasoning (salt, sugar, oyster sauce) and tuna
- The water will be steam the vegetable, after the vegetable change in colour, take out from the heat (keep the colour vibrant and crunchy texture, it will be evoke your taste bud and the crunchiness will made your morning ;))
- Serve it with sprinkle of spring onion
- You can serve it with rice *brown rice if you prefer, I serve it with my Tortilla de Patatas