This is quite late post, but I’ll still to write it to documented the recipe. This dishes is one of my daughter favourite. She love love Italian food, I notice it because she would asking the same dishes in the next day or when the dishes already finish, and no more left for her. She love from the complex taste dishes like Bolognese (yes, for me Bolognese sauce is complex, because usually I’ll cook it in long hour to get the intense flavour from the tomatoes paste and reduce beef broth, which is so yummyyy) and she also love pizza, the only unhealthy food that she willingly to eat.
This recipe is far from complicated, this dishes is quick and easy, I usually cook it when I got limited time to prepare some meal like breakfast time or speedy dinner when my kids clinging to me and hungry at the same time. Even though my son was not really into seafood, because he think seafood is too cute to eat, so unless I deform them he wont eat it, quite funny thought to saw him screaming “Momma those shrimp are cute” and insist don’t want to give it try, quite opposite with his sister where she is really fan of sea food.
Okay now is time to back to the kitchen, here all you need.
ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH CLAM IN TOMATOES SAUCE AND CAPERS
SERVE 2 Generous portion
- 1 handfull of angel hair pasta
- 450 gram clam (I used frozen white clam, it is already clean so I just need to throw them into the pasta, if you want to used fresh clam ensure to clean them from the sand by rinse them in cold water several time, and throw the open clam they are dead and no longer fresh, I used frozen because they are still fresh when they are in froze processing so their flesh taste sweet)
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, cut them half
- 3 garlic clove, crush them and dice it roughly
- 1/2 medium size french shallot, slice them finely
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbs tomatoes puree (light tomatoes pure, I don’t want the pasta taste too sour and overpowering the sweetness of the clam)
- Handfull flat-leaf parsley, dice it finely
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 100 ml pasta water
- Pinch of salt and white pepper
- In deep medium size sauce pan, boiled water under medium heat, don’t forget to give generous salt before you put the pasta in after the water are boiling (pasta water should be taste as salty fresh as an ocean, unless you got a lot of another salty ingredient in recipe of course). Cooked the pasta according to the direction in a packaging. Keep the pasta water more less 100ml then drain the pasta.
- Under medium heat, in large skillet heat the olive oil, put in shallot and garlic, sautéed them until fragrance. Put in pasta water, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes puree, capers and clamp. Cooked them until all the clam are open
- Put in the pasta and dice parsley, season it with salt and white pepper. The pasta water are already salty as well as the caper, so just add the salt if you think necessary.
- Ready to serve