Well, I am trying to be fancy here *haha, so silly of me. Basically this recipe are chocolate cookies with fleur de sel or salt flower (salt that form so thin with delicate crust) sometime I just eat this fluer de sel just by it self, it is taste mild salty and savoury.
Before I move here in Madrid, I used to produce cookies, I made this New York Times cookies recipe with a lot of variant such as cookies with sprinkle of sea salt, mix with almond chunk, cookies with cinnamon, cookies with oatmeal, and some other more *I forgot hehe. That was way before I am trying to change my meals into plant based meal.
Well actually this vegan version was create base on my curiosity *hehe, wondering how the recipe work if I change the milk base butter ingredient into plant base butter ingredient, it turn out I can’t tell the different though, but maybe for butter lover, there is no buttery milky flavour in this cookies. The cookies are thick, melted in your mouth with intense chocolatey flavour.
So just give a try this recipe
VEGAN COOKIES AU CHOCOLATE ET À LA FLOUR DE SEL
SERVE 25 medium size cookies
- 150 gram vegan chocolate chip (or vegan chocolate bars, chop it roughly)
- 270 gram all purpose flour (sift the flour)
- 50 gram dark chocolate powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 220 gram vegan butter
- 100 gram brown sugar
- 80 gram unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Flower salt to sprinkle to the cookies
- Preheat the oven 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix the flour, dark chocolate powder and baking soda in a bowl and set a side
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- After the butter mixture are creamy, put inside the flour, chocolate powder, baking soda mixture and then chocolate chip. Mix them until well combine.
- In a baking sheet with parchment paper, form small ball (about 3 cm in diameter) from the dough. Finish it.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minute in 180 degree Celsius oven.
- After 11-12 minute, let them out and let them cool in a rack
- Ready to enjoy