I was so hungry, like super hungry. I didn’t have any idea what to eat and what I got in a fridge. So this is the time, my favourite activity, Fridge foraging *haha. I love do fridge foraging, when I feel like I don’t have anything to eat, fridge foraging always give a surprise to me, like find something odd that still edible *haha, and don’t remember how this ingredient get the access into my fridge *hahaha.
I am particularly not really fan on zucchini, I don’t know it just taste bland to me, until recently when I taste it, grilled from my husband vegetable burger, hmm it is taste nice, with smoky flavour. Then, when I found zucchini in my fridge, the smoky flavour really gave me some idea. Season zucchini sesame oil, shallot and garlic, just simple as that and the dishes were taste so fresh and smoky and delicious, ah another more it is spicy *haha. But if you are not fan of spicy dishes, you still can enjoy it with no chilli, it will be equally good.
So lets go, if you need to, you can do fridge foraging and change some ingredient from what you find in your fridge, shall we? I have to remind you, this recipe is super easy *wink
VEGAN SAUTÉED ZUCCHINI AND BROCCOLI IN SESAME OIL
SERVE 1 generous portion
- 1 zucchini, slice it
- 1 handfull of broccoli
- 1 French shallot, slice it
- 3 garlic cloves, slice it
- 2 red chilli (seed out and slice. Keep the seed if you like the dishes spicy)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Roasted sesame seed to sprinkle
- Half lime, squeeze the juice to serve. I have ginger torch flower that give a sour taste to a dishes.
** Serve with any fresh raw vegetable, I serve mine with cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprout, fresh dill and brown rice, but you can just enjoy it by itself
- In medium heat and medium size pan, put inside the vegetable oil, shallot, garlic and chilli, sautéed until fragrance.
- After fragrance, put inside the zucchini and broccoli, season with sesame oil, salt and brown sugar.
- Continue to cook until the vegetable just soft, approximately 5-6 minute to keep the texture, then take it off from the heat.
- Serve with squeeze lime and sprinkle with roasted sesame.