My son are not feeling well, he got mild fever and coughing, he is the one that easy to please in food department. But when he is not feeling well, he will ask some of his favourite food, and this recipe is one of it. Just simple soup, garlicky, warm with full of his favourite vegetable.
I think, I already said many time I feel really blessed that my kids are love vegetable, it is common to see them eating raw vegetables which is so strange for some other parent to see, even with my friends hehe. So during hard season like autumn-winter, it is quite easy to shield them with healthy food, easy to convince them “eat your green” food, I believe food healing (good food).
This recipe are similar to my clear soup that I posted earlier, I just want to show about possibilities. This recipe are from my mother, I also have this similar dishes when I was not feeling well during my childhood, it is really heart warming that my kids are loving it too.
Let’s go to my kitchen
HOMEY COMFORT SOUP
SERVE 4 Small Portion
- 2 Carrot, slice it not really fine
- 2 medium size potatoes, cube
- 1 Handfull cauliflower
- 1 Handfull broccoli
- 5 garlic, crush it
- 1 French shallot, slice it
- 1 celery stalk, slice it fine
- 1 spring onion, separate the white and the green part, slice it.
- 1 vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh white pepper
- 1 liter water
- In medium size pot and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic, shallot, white part of the spring onion and celery stalk, sautéed them until fragrance and then let the carrot and potatoes in. sautéed them for another minute.
- After that pour the water and let it boiled.
- Season with brown sugar, sea salt and fresh white pepper (give a taste and correct the taste according your preference).
- After the carrot and potatoes are getting soft, put inside the broccoli and cauliflower, cooked for another minute. Don’t over cooked the broccoli.
- Just before you taking it off from the heat, put inside the green part of the spring onion.
- And it ready to serve