Any time I want to have quick lunch or dinner that required really less energy to cook it, that is it, this is my go to recipe. Quick and simple recipe that everybody can’t resist, I can even categorise this recipe as people pleaser. Yeah, my kids really loves noodles, If I am not forbid them, the will be eat it everyday or as many time as possible. This recipe also loves by my kids friends (their Asian friends), when they are so quiet during eating time and asking for more plate, that is really satisfying moment for me *haha
There are a lot of noodle recipe out there, as well as Indonesian noodle recipe (and i am not even mention about Chinese noodle recipe), I promise later will be posted a lot more Indonesian noodle recipe (one that I knew at least). This recipe is my family classic recipe belong to my grandmother, when at that time we only got white pepper and sweet soy sauce to enhance the flavour, for the rest all we need are fresh good quality ingredient. While right now there are plenty fancy ingredient that can be used for enhancer, such as soy sauce, sesame oil for smoky flavour, Tamari, fish sauce, abalone sauce, oyster sauce, the list can go on and on.
There one tips from me, to make chewy good texture noodle, I got this tips long time a go, from Chinese noodle vendor back home. All you need to do are, after you cook the noodle al dente, the cooking process actually still continue, the way to stop cooking process is to rinse the noodle in cold running water until it reach room temperature, and you done, then you can used your noodle as the recipe.
I am going straight to the recipe, shall we?
INDONESIAN MIE GORENG (VEGAN FRIENDLY INDONESIAN FRIED NOODLE)
Serve 2 Generous portion
- 500 Gram dried noodle (choose the noodle that have medium thickness), cooked in boiling water until al dente and drain them in running cold water
- 1 medium size French shallot, slice it (not necessarily fine, to avoid burning)
- 3 garlic, slice it
- 1 spring onion, separate the white and the green stalk, slice it roughly
- 1/2 celery stalk, slice it fine
- 2 carrot, slice it julienne
- 1/2 tsp fresh grind white pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Roasted sesame seed for serving
- On medium heat and medium size pan, put inside vegetable oil, shallot, garlic, white stalk of spring onion, celery and the carrot. Sautéed them until fragrance.
- After fragrance, put inside the noodle, season with salt, sugar, white pepper, slice green tip of spring onion and sweet soy sauce.
- Set hight the heat, stir it constantly until the noodle are dried and all the sweet soy sauce are perfectly absorb.
- Taking it off from the heat and sprinkle with roasted sesame seed.
- Ready to serve, Enjoyy!!!