I love pickle, sometime I just snacking on baby Gherkin, I know maybe it is just weird, But I just love pickle, my favourite pickle are capers. Ah set aside my pickle obsession. This recipe are just came out of the blue, when I just staring in front of my open fridge, sometime I just pick this and that unconsciously and build on something. This is good when I really getting really bored, this kind of activity will spark my energy, exciting how the dishes will be turn out, and wishing it wont turn to be disaster, as it often happen haha. Yeah the art of learning.
But thankfully, I like how it turn, it is fresh, smoky, salty, owh just try it yourself. But I suggest to enjoy it right away, otherwise it will be too watery. Enjoy it with warm rice, cold pickle and my previous braise seitan, owh I love Autumn-winter hehe.
By the way, I am not only enjoy this pickle with braised seitan, but also with my typical glass noodle *please don’t get bored, I know I posted my glass noodle a lot hehe. But in my defence this pickle are refreshing hehe.
SESAME OIL PICKLE
Serve 1 bowl as condiment
- 2 small carrot, slice it thin, you can slice it with the carrot peeler
- 1 medium size cucumber, discard the core, and slice thin as the carrot
- 1 French shallot, slice it thin
- 1 spring onion, chop it rough
- 1 stalk flat leaf parsley, slice it
- 1-2 tsp toast sesame seed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- In the small jar or small bottle with lid on, put all the ingredient of dressing in, and shake it well. Give it a taste, it will be taste salty and sour.
- Before serving, mix all the vegetable and pour the dressing, just mixing through.
- Sprinkle it with toast sesame seed and It is ready to enjoy