This are my kids comfort food, they love it, they love everything that involving pasta. Also they loved anything with broth, but I don’t want to bored them, with my basic soup. So here they are, PASTA, and the good thing is, pasta have a lot of cute shape and colour, so just easy to attract them finishing their meal.
Since they are not really into meat or fish, I have to think what to cooked for them, almost everyday. For me personally, as long as I have a chilli, I have no problem to play in the kitchen, but my kids, they are quite demanding on what they want to eat (with vegetable *yeah roll eyes).
I cook my soup with a lot of garlic, I know that garlic are good for health, so I want my kids stay healthy during this cold weather (it is so sad when I saw they are getting sick). Also I keep everything simple for this soup, since I notice that my kids tend to love simple and clean taste of food, only several food with intense flavour they do devour.
SO today, I am focusing on family meal, simple one.
Shall we? 😉
SERVE 3 portion
- 5 garlic clove, crush it
- 2 carrot, slice it in chunk
- 2 celery stalk, slice it in 3-4cm long
- 8-10 green bean, slice it 3-4cm long
- 100 gram of cooked sweet corn
- handfull of pasta, choose the shape of your preference
- 1 stalk of celery leafs, you can slice it or just leave it whole
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 500ml water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- In medium size pot and medium high heat, put inside the vegetable stock, carrot, water and garlic, then let them boiled.
- After it boiled, season with sea salt, sugar and white pepper (give it a taste and adjust it if necessary, according your preference).
- After the taste are perfect, put inside the pasta and sweet corn, continue boiled until the pasta are half cooked.
- After the pasta are half cooked, put inside the green bean, celery stalk, and celery leaf. Cooked until the green been just change in a colour to maintain the taste and texture. Then taking it out from the heat.
- Ready to serve, I serve mine with sprinkle of dried parsley.