I Love sweet potatoes, specially the purple one. I don’t know, it is different in taste compare to regular one (the orange sweet potatoes), purple sweet potatoes are more succulent, sweeter and dense, so It would hold really nice texture, and it is PURPLE, who doesn’t like purple? Jejejeje.
I still have leftover sweet potatoes from bread that I made earlier and I want dessert. Even though particularly I am not dessert person, but I love light sweet thing that not overly sweet and heavy.
The funny thing about dessert is I love to baked a cake, but to devour it, Hehe, I will gladly to give it to you, owh I love delicious cake, but only for couple of spoon, even though when I baking some cake, I will cut the amount of sugar up to half from the recipe suggestion, since I also count the icing *sugar overdoses jaja.
To make this dessert, only call for few ingredient, this recipe are suit you when you craving for sweet and you want to stay healthy. And I think you can enjoy it as well as breakfast, as it not that heavy to be enjoy.
Okay, short-short, shall we?
PURPLE SWEET POTATOES PORRIDGE -VEGAN DESSERT
SERVE 2 small portion
- 1 Big size of purple sweet potatoes, dice it approximately 1cm (no need to be precise, honestly just do what you want)
- 500ml water
- 5 tbs un-refine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml water to mix with tapioca flour
- 2 tbs tapioca flour (mix with water above)
To Serve (boiled the ingredient below):
- 100ml thick coconut milk
- Pinch of sugar
- In medium size pot and medium hight heat, put inside water, sugar and sweet potatoes. Boiled them until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- While waiting the sweet potatoes soft, in another small pot and small heat, boiled the coconut milk and pinch of salt, keep an eye on it, to avoid the coconut milk breaking and separated (Coconut milk are almost similar to milk if exposed with high heat). Take it out from the heat after it boiled.
- After the sweet potatoes are soft, Mix the tapioca flour with 100 ml of water and stir it thoroughly, quickly put them in into boiling sweet potatoes, and gently stir it. The liquid consistency will be change into thick and porridge texture. Continue to stir until the texture becoming smooth, then taking out from heat.
- Ready to serve.
- Serve with coconut milk sauce.