This recipe are continuation from previous one, with one unique I never taste of ingredient and also come with the story. This specific winter is hard (yeah 2020-2021 winter), with all the typical winter cold plus the Covid19 pandemic. We tried our best to protect ourself by eating healthy (as often as we could) and drinking some of yucky potion according to my kids. But they are prefer to drink this potion than taking cough syrup or visiting Pediatrician, they prefer to taking some yucky potion (like honey lemon, ginger and homey, later this winter potion) and give all the power they have to not pay visit to hospital.
Last late winter when my son are getting sick with cough and runny nose, a friend of mine suggest to me to add some Thyme to sooth sore throat. For what I know, I only know Thyme for savoury cooking herb, never heard of it as treatment herb for any illness. Personally I love Thyme, my favourite herb for the soft calming fragrance, so I certainly need to give a try to make potion that come from my favourite herb. I crush big chunk of ginger, By chunk mean is very big big one, into one medium pot of boiling water, then I let them boiled until the water turn golden, then add some spring of fresh thyme. The trick are, if you don’t have fresh thyme in your hand you can used dried one and infuse it like tea with tea infuser
- 1 big chunk of ginger, approximately the size of thumb size (giant thumb size), but all depend on your preference of the deep spiciness, If you want the potion to be mellow mild then put just small chunk just to infuse the water
- 4-5 sprig of fresh thyme (if you don’t want fresh thyme then used dried one for 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon, for then put it inside the tea infuser)
- 750ml water
- 1 tbs of honey per serve of 200ml potion
- 1 big lemon, squeeze the juice
- 1 to 2 lime, squeeze the juice (this lime is really optional, because I want to have tropical taste of sourness)
- In medium pot and medium heat, put inside the water and ginger, boiled them until the water turn golden.
- When the water turn golden, put inside the fresh thyme or the dried thyme inside the tea infuser, infuse the boiling potion for few minute (4-5 minute).
- After the potion are fragrance with the thyme aroma take off the heat.
- The potion are ready to be serve with table spoon of honey, table spoon of lemon juice and table spoon of lime juice then stirring well through.
- Enjoy, stay safe and healthy.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly