I am sorry Spicy Braised Squid and Encornet Farcis, you will be post in the next page haha. I am in high spirit this few days, high spirit for me meaning, I am ready to do something new or ready to challenging myself but still don’t know what to do or what I am about doing haha, which is quite funny, you see? And I am using this urge to scan every corner of my kitchen store, which was I found few pieces of overripe banana that not so appetising to look and begging me to either process it or freeze them so they would be rest in peace haha, and I found this handful un-sweeten granola that too little to enjoy by them self, just left over granola ingredient that my kids don’t like to enjoy it (few crumbs of dried oatmeal, pumpkin seed and raisin).
My kids are not really keen to enjoy sweet dessert or anything sweet (they even enjoy dark chocolate, thing that unusual for kids, me as well are not fan of chocolate except it dark, a lot of my friend think it such a pity to not liking chocolate haha). they love savoury or less sweet food, and yes they enjoy un-sweeten granola by it is, picking up their favourite seed or nuts and some dried oatmeal, enjoy them while demolishing the house haha.
Back in Jakarta I have this small project to cater exclusively my close friend and creating some dessert for them. Most of them are love love chocolate, but I eager to make them eating healthy food, so I was always constantly challenging myself to create healthy dessert and food that satisfying, delicious and most importantly healthy. But I can’t denied there are always 2 side of the coin, one that enjoy the splurge (me sometime enjoy it as well) meaning enjoy every bit of tastiness from food that fatty, tempting, melted and warm like delicious chocolate molten lava cake or warm spicy full of spice chicken breast hmmm and one that enjoy strict healthy food like food that free from dairy product, free egg, free gluten, vegan and so on, I also used to create this recipe (owhh I miss the thrilled of try and error), move on otherwise I am starting missing my clients and my close friends haha.
This recipe are all about leftover but it bring me so much happiness, I just staring at them in my kitchen counter in quite few moment, what I gotta do to them, making banana bread or just simple thing, since we still don’t have anything to eat for breakfast. And here they are, from rags to riches, fluffy vegan pancake with texture of seed, dried oatmeal, sour-sweet raisin and crunchiness of few nut. I hope you give yourself a try and see would you going to like it.
And here all you need
CHOCOLATE GRANOLA VEGAN PANCAKE
SERVE 10-12 medium size pancake
- 3 medium size overripe banana (2 is enough if you have really big banana), mashed it finely
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- 1-2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs generous good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 handfull un-sweeten granola
- 1 handull quick oatmeal
- a pinch of sea salt
- Fresh strawberry to serve or any fresh fruit of your preference
- Mix all the wet ingredient together in big bowl (usually I used 2 bowl, but I am too lazy this time with too much dishes) mix them thoroughly until well combine.
- Put all dried ingredient into wet ingredient, and combine them together, ensure it well mix.
- In medium heat, put pan until it sizzling hot, put 2 tbs of the batter into the pan to create medium size of pancake. When there is bubble in the surface of the pancake meaning it ready to flip, cooked them in 2-3 more minute.
- Your pancake ready to serve
- Serve them with slice strawberry and drizzle of honey or you can enjoy with fresh fruit of your preference