Whooaa it is been so long, it is total a month I am not writing. I’ve been sick for weeks, my body adapting the weather, eating a lot crap (I usually really good on taking care of my health but this new experience really hit me hard, that is my excuse haha), a lot thing to do and can’t manage a good rest really all of those things are really good combination to get really sick, I mean intense sick, the worst flu I ever got.
Back to the recipe, this recipe was actually meant to be for pizza dough, this my little daughter are really fan of pizza, and I am not agreed with her if she taking too much pizza from the fast food chain store, so in return she asking me to made her fresh. I’ve been looking for years the pizza dough recipe that fit my taste, and so far none. Like this recipe, it was too soft and spongy for pizza bread (for me), it taste like foccacia to me. The good thing is, I store the half of the dough in a fridge for a night, since I think this dough was not fit for pizza (I love thin, a bit soft kind of pizza bread) and the dough was perfect in the next day, still rising so well and smell fresh, so I decided to make some roll. The Roll was perfect, until the next day was still so soft and taste so nice, miss to make another batch right now *haha.
I learn to make bread for years, since my family are really fan of bread, one bread that I want to conquer is crunchy sour bread, since the recipe I usually execute was any kind of soft bread, in Indonesia, we kind of obsess with any soft bread. Since arrive here, we tried quite a lot of different bread than we used to, and guess what we loving it, so basically I can said that we fan of bread. Viva Bread haha.
This recipe is so simple, you can put all ingredient in food processor (like I did) or you can put it in mixer, just do it as you preference, mix it until the dough form in ball and not sticky and you done, the dough ready for good enough rest.
Here all you need
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER ROLL
- 31/2-4 cup Bread flour and extra for dusting
- 21/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup warm water (remember it supposed to warm not too hot otherwise the yeast would be dead, vice versa for too cold water, and the dough would be failed to rising)
- 2 tbs virgin olive oil, and extra 2 tbs to grease the bowl
- Peanut butter for the filling, or you can simply change the filling base on your preference, you can spread cinnamon sugar and viola it become cinnamon roll, or you can being naughty and add a good layer of Nutella
- Vegetable base margarine to rub the bread after out from the oven
- Combine the 31/2 cup bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt in the food processor and combine. While the processor is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten the dough until reach 1cm thickness, and spread the filling of your preference, and roll. Cut it approximately 10 cm each and put it in 16cm springform cake tin, that already greased with olive oil, so it wont stick in.
- Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15- 20 minute until it golden brown (depending on your oven).
- After taking it out from the oven, rub the hot bread with vegetable base margarine.
- Ready to serve