Mostly all the time, when I effortlessly just put random ingredient I found in my kitchen counter, usually it will turn out so beautiful and becoming staple recipe in my kitchen, ironically in another time, when I intentionally build some recipe inspired by certain things and carefully create recipe from it, the first attempt of the testing always turn disaster, always almost all the time *rolling eyes haha.
This recipe, was improvise when I saw this 2 small poor over ripen banana sitting for a while in my kitchen counter, their skin slowly turn black (over ripen banana is actually good for your health, google it, I wont explain it here *haha), too little to make banana bread, and too bored to create the same vegan banana pancake I used to made, even though the vegan banana pancake always hit for my kids, they loving it because it so soft and not too overwhelming to them (you can find some in my previous post). My kids not really fan of normal pancake, like the store bough pancake that usually full of butter, the taste usually too overwhelming for them (my son will successfully spitting it out on the first bite).
Okay, I think I’ll straight forward to the recipe. Will chat chat about my craziness later hehe.
VEGAN MATCHA PANCAKE
Serve 8-10 small size pancake
- 2 small over ripe banana (it is important to have over ripe banana here, it will create really soft texture and smell really fragrant), mashed it roughly.
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 handfull quick cook oatmeal
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- In a big bowl, put all dry ingredient together and mix it well.
- Put inside mashed banana in dry ingredient mixture, continue with almond milk, light olive oil and lemon juice. Mixed it well
- In the pan under medium heat, grease the pan lightly with olive oil. After the pan sizzling hot put 2-3 tbs of the pancake mixture.
- when the small bubble are already appear in a surface of the pancake, meaning pancake are ready to flip. Flip them and cooked it in another 2-3 minute. Take them out from the heat
- Finish the mixture
- Ready to serve, I just serve it with drizzle of honey and fresh fruit