This recipe are new to me, even though I know for quite sometime, but I never tried it by myself. Since it is a bit odd for me, to put mango as savoury recipe. Usually I just used mango for dessert recipe. But out of my curiosity, eventually I make this recipe myself, to company my Red Thai curry (My personal Red Thai Curry will be posted next).
It is quite surprising me though, that my son and my husband loving this relish, I didn’t expect them going to like it, since usually they are not really adventurous on food. This relish is like flavour bomb, burst of taste in my mouth. The sweetness of mango, fresh cucumber, salty, tangy lemon juice and bitter red onion. It is really exciting condiment.
I am not going talk, talk and talk, shall we?
MANGO AND CUCUMBER RELISH
Serve 1 bowl of condiment
- 1 medium size half ripe mango, slice it cube (half ripe is perfect for me, to avoid mushy)
- 1/2 red onion, dice it
- 1 cucumber, discard the core, and dice it
- Handfull celery leaves, slice it really fine (or for option you can replace celery leaves with coriander leaves, it will completely different in taste, so just rely on your preference)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 red chilli, seed out, dice it (optional)
- Mix the ingredient together, don’t over mix it and have to be enjoy right away.
- Ready to serve