Woww, after a while, finally I manage to sit peacefully in front of my laptop *pfiuhh mom life hehe. In this weather I really want to just stay under my blanket all day long, reading a book, drinking tea and snuggling with my kids, do nothing, But then who will cooked some breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, I wish I have magic wand that I can send order to them to cooked me some dishes, completely day dream delusion haha, okay after all I have to move my ass and getting cozy in the kitchen, the heart of my home.
My kids are not getting well lately, got really bad cold, but thankfully just like me, they really lay their comfort into food, and not hard for me to asking what they want to eat for the day, like my little lady, she specifically mention that she want ate simple chicken dumpling soup, yes dear, will be whipping it for you.
This recipe is really simple and fast, usually I’ll make quite a lot batch of this dumpling and frozen some of them, anytime I need some comfort food I just need to make some vegetable broth or any broth available on my fridge, set them boiled and put my dumpling in, quick, easy, unfussy and comforting.
I really love soba noodle, the texture is quite different compare to another noodle, and it is gluten free, even though I am not allergic to gluten but somehow eating too much food that contain gluten make me bloating which give me really uncomfortable feeling. So if possible or if there is an option I’d prefer gluten free food. Back to the recipe, the broth from my chicken dumpling soup is perfectly match to this noodle, I just need to add some vegetable or sautéed mushroom. Hmm enjoy it warm snuggling in comfy sofa, in cold rainy day, it just instantly lift up my mood and energy, who want to joint me? hehe. I serve my soba noodle soup with half boiled egg, chicken dumpling , sautéed mushroom and blanch Romanesco.
Lets go to the kitchen
SERVE : made about 20-25 small dumpling
- 1 medium skinless chicken breast (if the chicken breast are big, used just half of it
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp good quality garlic powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Ready to used dumpling skin (I used for the boiled one, there are another skin that used for fried dumpling)
Blitz all the ingredient on the food processor (except the dumpling skin obviously) not necessarily fine to create a texture to the dumpling, and put 1 tsp of the mixture in the dumpling skin, put them in the middle and gently pinch the excess of the skin dumpling with your finger. Ready to boiled in the broth, take them out after they are float, freeze some of them raw, for your stock
- 750ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs organic soy sauce (used the regular you got in hand)
- 2 garlic clove, crush them
- 1 thumb size ginger crush them
Put all the ingredient together, set them boiled in medium heat. Easy peasy. serve them with chop scallion, parsley or chive.
**How to cook perfect noodle, put them in the boiled hot water, cooked it until soft but not to soft, just slightly chewy texture. Drain them right away under cold water, it will stop the cooking process and prevent the noodle clump to each other, ready to serve
- 250-300 gram shiitake mushroom/champignon mushroom, slice them on your preference
- 3 clove of garlic, chop them finely
- 1 medium size french shallot, chop them finely
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli flake (1 tsp if you like it hot *wink)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Under medium heat, put medium size pan and put in olive oil
- Sautéed the garlic and shallot until fragrance, put in the mushroom and the seasoning
- Cooked until the mushroom soft and take it out from the heat
- Ready to serve