I have this bunch of over ripe banana in my kitchen counter, don’t have any idea what to do with them, and also I don’t have any mood to make some cake or bread from it, even though I really big fan of Banana bread. And all sudden my daughter asking me to made her some pancake, ah ha moment. I used to make pancake from banana to replace some egg in the recipe, so this time, just by some instinct I put any ingredient I got in my mind into bowl.
I was not really sure about the result, but it turn out so beautifully delicious, it is so fluffy and airy light, even in the next morning I still have some leftover, they are just taste the same. In the next day my daughter into my surprise asking for another more pancake, even though she actually not really fan of anything sweet.
And here all you need
VEGAN BANANA PANCAKE
SERVE 8 medium size pancake
- 2 over ripe small banana
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 handfull oatmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs light olive oil (I run out mine, and randomly I used extra virgin olive oil, it taste equally delicious)
- Put all dry ingredient in big bowl, and mix them until combine
- In another bowl, mashed the banana not too fine for texture, put in lemon juice, almond milk and olive oil
- Put wet ingredient into dry ingredient, mix them just until combine, don’t over mix so the pancake will be airy light
- In the medium heat, put medium size pan, coating the pan lightly with olive oil. Put in the pancake mixture. WHEN you see bubble in the surface of the pancake, that is mean pancake are ready to flip, and cooked it for more 2-3 minute, yup then take out them from the pan.
- Your pancake are ready to dress, I put a lot topping, lets just play around with the topping. In the first request I put some frozen raspberry, slice banana, raw honey and pomelo candy, the second batch I put some slice pear, persimmon, almonds, pistachio, honey and pomelo candy. They are super delicious, I enjoy the first batch for Dinner, yup you read it right, welcome to my world when we enjoy breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast, life with no food rule haha.