Autumn is my favourite season, I don’t have this kind of season in my home country, last year I was experience it for the first time. And I am in love, it bring me such a mellow feeling *not in a sad mellowness, gloomy sky weirdly enough suit me. Suit me by meaning, that I have a reason to indulge myself *haha. Food and a lot of food *pssstt.
And nothing that give me more indulgence other than comfort blanket of my traditional nasi goreng, recipe here TRADITIONAL INDONESIAN FRIED RICE AND KIMCHI FRIED RICE (Vegan Friendly Recipe), and Adding sautéed mushroom are like blending east with west, which make this dishes exciting. I looveee mushroom, I am the only person in the house that love mushroom, the rest of my army are not fan of it, so I can have it by myself as much as I could eat *haha. And being here in autumn, are like having mushroom paradise, I always want to eat fresh chanterelle, and when I found it, it was more than happy moment for me. When I was prepare it to cooked and shred it, it was like most satisfying moment, fresh mushroom and meaty *haha.
I seasoning the mushroom just simple, with a lot of garlic and seedless red chilli *yes chilli, I promise this wont be over powering the mushroom taste, the seed must be out though, and thats all. Some core ingredient are just reaching perfect tastiness with just simple cooking and seasoning, and by keeping it simple the real taste of their freshness are emerge.
Tor serve I put walnut crust, in order mimicking fried shallot that usually serve with Nasi Goreng as well as to put another layer and texture into the dishes. Are you excited yet? *haha, shall we?
INDONESIAN NASI GORENG AND SAUTÉED CHANTERELLE MUSHROOM (VEGAN FRIENDLY)
Serve 2 portion as a complement
- 200 gram chanterelle mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves, chop it rough
- 1 red chilli, seed out, chop it rough
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 3-4 chop walnut to serve or you can replace it with chop roasted almond
- In medium heat and medium size pan, put inside the vegetable oil and garlic, stir it until fragrance, you need to watch and stir the garlic, burn garlic are awful *hehe.
- After the garlic are fragrance, put inside the mushroom, then season with sea salt and brown sugar. Stir it until well combined, lastly put inside the red chilli. Uncooked red chilli wont infuse the spiciness into the sautéed.
- Serve with Nasi goreng and sprinkle of walnut crust.