In the late afternoon when motivation are running away from my vein, I need a slap in my face, which most of the time I think I need it *sigh. It happen when I just waste my time, doing anything boring and useless, I hate myself for doing it. Then I need something that encouraging and push me or maybe inspired me. This kind of dishes are one of them. Something that hot spicy, making me sweating and energise me.
I wont say that this recipe are authentic, I think most of my recipe are not authentic, I want to see myself freely explored, cooking what I love, using a lot of my preferences and no boundaries. Betting on creating recipe that work for my palette, I would really glad and grateful if what I am create are being enjoy and love by you, yes you, that would be honour if any of you trying my recipe and I wishing hard you are going to like it *XO.
No more words, would you go with me crashing any boundaries on cooking? *wink
MY ADAPTION OF KOREAN TTEOKBOKKI – VEGAN FRIENDLY
Serve 2 small portion
- 100 Gram rice cake (take it from the fridge prior to cooking time)
- handfull of mustard leaves
- 1 – 2 spring onion, slice it
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons Korean red chili pepper paste or gochujang
- 1 – 3 teaspoons Korean red chili pepper flakes or gochugaru (you can reduce or add it more, depend on your spicy preference). You can also used regular chilli flake, even though Korean chilli flake are quite different in taste compare to regular chilli.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, quarter it (optional, this is are not commonly used in original recipe, I just want to add some fresh sourness)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In medium size pot and medium heat, put inside the vegetable broth, gochujang, gochugaru and mince garlic. Let them boiled, everything is dissolve and mixing through.
- After the broth are boiling, season with soy sauce and sugar then let the rice cake and tomatoes in, continue boiling until the broth are reduce a bit . (you can correcting the taste in here, if it less salty you can add some sea salt in it)
- Just before take it off from the heat, put inside mustard leaves, sesame oil and slice spring onion.
- Take it off from the heat and serve with sprinkle of sesame seed.