I don’t know if you like brownies, but this is bitter chewy vegan brownie, everytime when I just put ingredient together and bunch of love *sigh, all are working well. In the day before I cooked this brownie, I was burning a pot of sugar for following some recipe *clumsy.
I made this brownie, quite long time ago, I must admit that I don’t really into sweet, but sometime I crave some sugar too. This brownie have many layer of flavour and texture, from the almond meal that I used, seed and dried fruit for the topping. Well take a look yourself the recipe and enjoy it ;).
And my suggestion, even though in baking you must following the recipe and exact measurement but this time follow your heart, shall we?
ANOTHER VEGAN BROWNIE
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 small over ripped banana, mashed it through
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbs vegan butter
- 11/2 cup brown sugar, it sound a lot but believe me, it is still less sweet, Still bearable for me, and I am not even sweet tooth
- Pinch of sea salt to enhance the chocolate flavour
- 1/2 cup good quality chocolate powder
- 120 gram 70% dark dairy free chocolate (i just chop it super chunk, like just brick *sigh)
- Anything of your preference as a topping, mine are healthy nut, seed and dried fruit to cover the sin
- Pre-heat then oven for 165 degree Celsius, coat the brownies pan with butter then with baking paper. (You can check my baking pan from the picture, since honestly I don’t really sure the measurement)
- Melted the butter together with the sugar, until thick and melted evenly, leave it cool.
- While waiting the sugar cooling down, mix the flour, almond meal, cornstarch, chocolate powder, baking powder and salt, evenly, set aside.
- Mix mashed banana with butter mixture, mix thoroughly until shiny then mix with the flour mixture.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20-25 minute (it is depend on your oven really, mine are soft inside and since there is no eggs in it, I feel free to chew it half cook)