This are my version of home made bouillon powder, I used to make it many years ago. It is such a long time, I already tried several version of vegetable stock available in the shop, also tried yeast powder to enhance the savouriness of my cooking, but somehow still there are something off. So few days ago I tried to re-made it again, it is nice though, to be sprinkle on my rice porridge, my stir fried or in soup. It has pepperiness from the onion and smoky flavour from long baking time.
But first I must be honest, it is take time to make it, at least you have to be house-bonded for at least 2 to 3 hours. But it is all worthy. Here you go, please stayed with me. This recipe are suit you, if you want to learn the meaning of patience *haha, Yoda said.
MY VEGAN BOUILLON POWDER
- 11/2 Onion, chop it rough
- 2 small carrot
- 1 shallot, chop it rough
- 1/2 bulb of garlic
- 3 stalk celery, chop it rough
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 4 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
Note: If you want something even more edgy, you can add some mellow thyme or any your favourite herb.
- Put all ingredient together in food processor, blitz it until soft.
- Pre-heat the oven for 165 celsius degree.
- In medium pan and medium heat, put all the ingredient, stir it until all the moist are gone.
- When the moist gone, spread the mixture in pan that already layer with baking paper, spread it thin.
- Bake for 90-120 minute until the mixture are dried and golden brown. During the baking time, don’t forget to stir the mixture 2-3 time.
- Turn down the oven gradually, stay in 165 celsius for first 30minute, then 150 celsius for the next 1 hour then lastly 30 minute for 100 celsius (you see some detail for patience)
- When the mixture already turn golden brown, let it cool, after it cool blitz it in the food processor until formed powder.
- Ready to used, and store it in air tight container or bottle.