Is it bad to always think about food? all the time? Like literally all the time, I want second breakfast, which should fulfil this criteria, it should be light, warm and fresh. I have quite plenty of time in the morning, so making this wonton is like my morning entertainment that I could devour it at the end *I sound like cold blood cooker haha, but don’t worried this recipe are very vegan.
Suitable for your weekend maybe, not too elaborate work, but need some plenty of patience and time. There are a lot of way to serve this wonton, but I choose to have some soup. The soup itself would fit for cold bloody winter, I put some spice it in, like cinnamon and clove, while the soup are infuse with garlic and celery stalk, creating clean, simple and clear broth.
You can fold the wonton as you fancy, but mine just simple folding it into triangle, un-fuzzy and practical. You can get the dumpling skin from the Asian grocery store, choose one for soup, because there are one for fried.
Right, shall we?
VEGAN DUMPLING SOUP
- 1 Big carrot, dice it small
- 1 celery stalk, dice it small
- 1/2 medium onion, dice it small
- 1 big fat garlic, mince
- 1 medium size shallot, dice
- 2 leafs of Chinese cabbage, slice it thin
- 3-4 champignon mushroom, chop it rough
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 scallion and 1 strand of celery leaves, chop it fine
- 20-25 wonton sheet
- In medium size of pan and medium heat put inside almost all ingredient except the mushroom, scallion, celery leaves and Chinese cabbage.
- Stir the vegetable until soft, but not too wet, season with sea salt and pepper. Lastly put inside the rest ingredient, stir it well until just soft.
- Don’t forget to give it a taste, and correct the balance according to your preference.
- Take out from the heat, and let it cool.
- After the vegetable stir fried are cool, take one tea spoon of the filling, put it in the middle of wonton sheet, folded it into triangle, put some water on one of the edge before seal it.
- Finish to fill the wonton, and ready to put it in soup.
NOTE: You can store some of them in the freezer, and cooked it fresh whenever you need it, you can also serve the wonton in another style, I would give some idea later.
- 1 litre vegetable broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 clove
- 1 big fat garlic, chop
- 1 celery stalk, slice it rough
- 1-2 leaves of Chinese cabbage, slice it rough
- 3-4 broccolini (optional, you can put your favourite vegetable)
- Sea salt and pepper according your taste
- In medium pot, put inside the broth, garlic, celery stalk, clove and cinnamon. Bring it into boil.
- When it boiled, take out the cinnamon and clove. Season the broth with sea salt and pepper.
- Put inside the broccolini and cabbage then put the dumpling in. Let it boiled for 2-3 minute (very quick to cooked the wonton).
- Give a taste and correct it according your preference.
- Ready to serve. I serve mine with bunch of hot chilli powder.