I had this breakfast with my girlfriend while we spend morning together, actually typical Spanish breakfast. Never in mind I’d imagine to love this kind of breakfast, back then, usually I devour on typical Indonesian breakfast which more suitable to called it brunch, it contain carbo, protein and some of veggies, I do still devour it occasionally, but not so often as before.
This bellow were what we have, I love it, usually “tostada” are serve with fresh tomatoes puree, extra virgin olive oil and pinch of salt OR sweet version with jam and butter, since I am not into that sweet so much, I rather choose the tomatoes. But other day my dear friend serve me with slice thin Heirloom tomatoes (yes I really suggest to have heirloom tomatoes, the texture is incredible), extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pumpkin seed, it was like wow with flavour and texture. Yet again the tomatoes my dear friend had was came from her father garden, well that can’t be beatable, compare to mass supermarket product *sigh.
And here are what I have myself, I also made some other breakfast for my kids, some toast with drizzle of maple syrup, load of berries and dried fruit, my son are particularly love toast, he want to have it at any time even before bed. While my daughter are big fan of berries, so yes, happy morning. You can see that the bowl of berries are already disappear.
Here you can have your own one of Spanish breakfast, it is easy and un-fuzzy for fresh weekend breakfast, all you need to do is chopping tomatoes.
LITTLE SPANISH BREAKFAST
SERVE 2 Portion of breakfast
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- French baguette or any other hard bread you prefer (here we have so many variant of breakfast bread, which my son so crazy about)
- 1 medium size heirloom tomatoes, I really suggest heirloom tomatoes, as it have sweet, sour balance of flavour and really good texture.
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil (I am in olive oil heaven, Which some area of Spain have their own produce of olive oil, with different taste and intensity, so enough said then)
- Good quality sea salt (I used la flour de sel)
- Pumpkin seed or any other seed of your preference (optional)
- Chilli flake (optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Toast the bread base on your preference, I love crunchy outside, soft inside, so I toasted it in hot pan.
- Drizzle the toast with olive oil until the bread absorb it beautifully, put some slice of tomatoes and sprinkle with sea salt. Optional with seed of your choices.
- I also put some chilli flake
**Sally.. I am stealing your breakfast
2 Comments Add yours
Ohh so glad my little kitchen appears in your blog, hehe.
Invite me even more often 😘😘 jajajaja