My son are catching up some cold, he don’t want to eat anything, I was not even sure about this one, even though I put everything he love in it. I think this are my version of soup medicines, it is clean, simple and easy. Only few ingredient you need for this soup, well maybe the only thing that you might need want to change is the udon, so please used your preference, you can used soba noodle, rice noodle, or ramen noodle.
The ingredient are quite simple, even though you maybe need to pull some of your exotic ingredient, well not that exotic, it is only wakame sea weed, I want to have some sea flavour broth, and my kids love the chewy texture of sea weed. For the rest I only put garlic and vegetable broth as clean as that. Only instead of white pepper, I used black pepper for boldness.
I wont talk any longer, lets get comfort.
WINTER UDON SOUP
Serve 2-3 small portion
- 400 gram udon, soaked in warm water and rinse for minimum twice to make it soft
- 3 fat garlic, crush it
- 1 litre vegetable broth
- 1 tbs dried wakame sea weed
- 1 celery stalk, slice it in chunk
- sea salt and black pepper
- steam corn to serve – optional
- chilli flake to serve
- 1 pok choi, slice it according your preference
- In medium pot and medium heat put inside the vegetable broth and garlic, let them boiled.
- After the broth are boiling, put inside the sea salt and black pepper, give it a taste.
- Put inside the udon, celery stalk and wakame sea weed. Continue to boiled for 3-4 minute, lastly put the pok choi in, then taking out from the heat.
- Serve with steam sweet corn and chilli flake.