I hate waste, that is the reason behind I am creating this recipe. In the most recipe I ever read about rice pudding, which is not so much, usually in most traditional recipe they are made from white rice. This is the part that make me curious, how if I substitute the white rice with the brown rice which is obviously they are different in texture.
And the result was so satisfying to me, Yeah I used to ate the white rice pudding version which is for me it is more similar to rice porridge but just taste sweet. With this brown rice version, you can taste some chewiness and texture from the rice, and more nuttier in specific texture, you can imagine it now?
The fact that this pudding was cooked in ginger, pinch of cinnamon and brown sugar broth add even more intricate texture into the dishes, yet it smell so fragrance and comforting, even my daughter sniffing around, asking where was it the delicious smell come from, unfortunately I just made one portion *haha, sorry girl, I thought she would not loving it, since I just experimented with what I got in hand.
Here all you need
BROWN RICE PUDDING INFUSE WITH GINGER AND CINNAMON
GINGER AND BROWN SUGAR BROTH
- 500 ml water
- 50 gram ginger, peel it and slice it thinly
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 pandan leaf (you can omit it if you don’t have it in hand, but this ingredient add significant fragrance to the dishes)
In the medium sauce pan, under medium heat, put all the ingredient together and bring them to boiled
BROWN RICE PUDDING
- 1 handfull brown rice, soaking them in the water for at least 30 minute
- 1 recipe of ginger and brown sugar broth
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2-3 tbs of brown sugar, just in case the pudding are less sweet (or back to your own preference on sweet)
- Fresh fruit make it even more tastier or heathy roasted nut or seed such as chia seed
In medium sauce pan, under medium heat, put all the ingredient together, except for the topping of course *hehe. Cooked them slowly, stir them occasionally so the pudding are not stick in the bottom of then pan.
Cooked until the rice are reaching pudding consistency and soft, if the water already running out but the rice are still not soften, add some more water little by little.
Take out from the heat after the brown rice are soften and thick. Serve them with your choices of fruit, nut or seed.