This recipe is one of recipe that I hold dearly into my heart, like warm childhood memories, my mother used to cook this dishes on special occasion, thing that my kids also loving it mean so much to me. In fact anytime they need some comfort, they will request this rice, it is savoury and delicious, like warm blanket on cold-cold winter *well, now I am experience it hehe
This recipe is so easy to make, but thing is, I cooked this rice on rice cooker. If you don’t have rice cooker, you have to keep an eye on it, and occasionally stir it, until all the liquid are absorb by the rice.
I enjoy this dishes with 2 previous recipe that I post earlier, and my kids usually enjoy it with gingery shredded chicken, I promise would write the recipe later, please stay with me. And if I have plenty of time in my hand, I would make this potatoes in chilli sauce, it is vegan friendly, fresh and delicious, the dishes is made from dice potatoes, fried them until soft and coated them with fresh tomatoes chilli sauce.
TURMERIC AND COCONUT RICE
- 2 Cup Basmati rice ( or any long grain rice)
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt ( I am using Himalayan salt)
- 3 bay leaf ( in original recipe, we are using “Salam” Leaf, but I have difficulty to find it here, and after several tried, Bay leaf are work perfectly)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, if you could find fresh turmeric, it would be m0re beautiful. 1 thumb size then grated, perfecto
- Roasted cashew to serve
- If you have rice cooker, mix all ingredient together and then cooked it, it will be automatically off when the liquid are all absorb
- If you want to cooked it used sauce pan, under medium heat, put all the ingredient together, stir it well. Keep an eye on it, when the liquid are almost all absorb, otherwise it could be burn, stir it well until all the liquid are absorb, stir it with fork, then leave it until warm and serve
- I serve it with the companion from my previous post and also roasted cashew, super yummy