I love sweet potatoes, and so my kids too, the one we used to enjoy is whole roasted potatoes. Back in Indonesia, we have one variety that called Ubi Cilembu or honey sweet potatoes, it is called honey sweet potatoes because when you roasting it, it would produce such a melting liquid that so sweet as honey, it is so delicious. So basically, the way I enjoy sweet potatoes is on sweet tone, like on dessert or just eat it as it is.
I have recipe, Indonesian traditional dessert , it is vegan friendly called “Biji Salak” it is like small dumpling from sweet potatoes cooked with tapioca flour so it is a deliciously chewy with coconut milk sauce, I promise you, would write the recipe later, I love to cooked it using purple sweet potatoes, it is so appealing and sexy *haha
So this was the first time I enjoy sweet potatoes in savoury tone, my kids still weird to enjoy it, but I love it. I enjoy this dishes with mix match to random dishes I got in my kitchen, and it was beautifully versatile to match any dishes. I think any of you are get used to cooked roasted sweet potatoes and already have favourite recipe, but who know you want to tried mine *wink, muaach
Lets go with me?
HUMBLE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES IN GARLIC AND HIMALAYAN SALT
SERVE 1 plate generous portion
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes (cut them as your preference, I got mine like french fries)
- 1 tsp good quality garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Generous amount of olive oil (I love extra virgin because of the flavour, it is create deep and edgy flavour)
- Heat the oven for 190 Celsius (bake mode)
- While waiting for heat of the oven, mix all the ingredient together, mix them really well and ensure all the sweet potatoes are coating well by the seasoning
- Bake the sweet potatoes for good 25 minute
- Change the mode into grill and bake them for another 15 minute, don’t forget to flip it in the half time of grilling, take out from the oven and let it cool
- Enjoyyy, it is so delicous