This recipe are super simple, with just few ingredient, recipe that fit for cold weekdays night, when you want to have some warming comfort food that no need a lot time to prepare and cooked. And autumn are here.
I love this recipe because of the comforting feeling, it is like warm blanket, originally this soup would be consist of, fresh corn, hard leaves spinach and carrot. But I just able to find carrot in here, if you have a fresh corn you can add it, in chunk or you can shred it, really add sweet deliciousness.
I wont talk long here, here we go the recipe
ASPARAGUS AND CARROT IN CLEAR SOUP
- 1 Medium size of French shallot, slice it
- 2 garlic cloves, slice it
- 11-12 stalk of asparagus, cut the hard tip, and cut the asparagus 7-8cm or as your preference
- 2 carrot, slice it
- spring onion, slice it fine
- 1 liter water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size pot with medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, shallot and garlic, sautéed them until fragrance then put inside the water and carrot.
- Boiled the water or vegetable broth until fragrance and bubbling away, season with salt, brown sugar and pepper. Give a taste, and adjust the taste if needed.
- Lastly put inside the asparagus and spring onion, cooked it in another 5 minute then take it off from the heat.
- Enjoy with brown rice, rice noodle or as it it. Yumm