This dishes are super easy to made, actually I associate this dishes as summer food, because of the freshness and easiness to make, summer are time for relaxing, no fussy things and that include preparing meals, that is only my point of view *just my two cent :D.
But I just manage to made it few days ago, because I found this juicy look bean sprout and fresh bunch of chives. Back in Indonesia, usually we cook this dishes with tofu and dried salty fishes. But I promise to cook myself plant based dishes as much as possible. So I just put very basic for this recipe.
I enjoy this dishes with spicy ramen noodle and edamame, what else do I need? nothing. Live is just so beautiful, from my food addictive point of view 😀 *in healthy way, just don’t get me wrong, I breaking up with junk food long time ago :D.
This is how I enjoy it
Okay, forgive me mumbling, lets go to the recipe
SAUTÉED BEAN SPROUT AND CHIVES
- 1 Medium size French shallot, slice it
- 2 garlic cloves, slice it
- 2 red chilli ( seed out, slice it)
- 1 tbs soy sauce, low sodium if possible
- 1 plate of fresh bean sprout, clean it in running cold water
- 1 handfull of chives, chop it rough, 6-7cm
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium heat with medium size pan, put inside vegetable oil, shallot, garlic and chilli, sautéed until fragrance.
- After the garlic, shallot and chilli are fragrance, put inside the bean sprout and chive. Quickly season with salt, sugar and soy sauce. Stir it quick for maximum 5 minute, to keep a freshness of the bean sprout, then taking out from heat.
- Quick move to cold plate, to stop the cooking process.
- Ready to Enjoy