Hehe, if you are Spanish and reading this story, then you find that my recipe are not authentic, pardon me hehe. I just improvise myself, I still have some left over guacamole and tahini dressing, it got me thinking, how to eat my left over in grandiose way, I know, I am being exaggerating. In winter, I feel like that I have tons of energy, yet I am lazy as hibernate bear and that is paradoxical. I am on my element during winter time, my energy are overflow, here are my defends, there are a lot prospect of holiday which is exciting, in the morning the sky are so dark which I prefer dark, I can have long breakfast meal since the sky are still dark haha, I can stay at home much more longer it is dark outside, I can read in much longer time since staying under blanket are acceptable, and my kids are happily following me, read their own book, the environment are so cozy that is so hard for me to leaves the bed, the battle are so real hehe.
Zip, enough now. I love meal that vibrant in colour, it is like representing what life is supposed to be, bold, bright, simple, fresh, bitter, sour, sweet and salty. I think that is all you need in live. Vibrant food are just alive, and nutritious your body too.
I enjoy this Pisto with steam brown rice, drizzle of garlicky creamy Tahini dressing, another creamy chunky guacamole and pan fried slice zucchini also a lot sprinkle of chilli flake. You can also add some arugula for some another flavour and texture. I think you can imagine the party, and having privilege to enjoy it during winter afternoon are just like upgrading the day. The contrast are so obvious, maybe the weather are dark grey cold outside but you always have a choice to brighten your day.
So ready for the sunshine in your kitchen, shall we?
SERVE 2 portion
- 1 medium size zucchini, dice it 1cm in width, no need to precise, just do what you prefer
- 2 medium size ripe tomatoes, dice it
- 1 yellow onion, dice it
- 2 garlic, chop
- 150gram tomato pure (I used tomato pure from a jar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs light olive oil
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 spring onion, chop it fine to serve
- 1-2 stalk of parsley to serve
- In a medium size pan and medium hight heat, put inside the olive oil, onion and garlic, sautéed until fragrance, put inside dice fresh tomatoes.
- After smell really nice, put inside the zucchini, cooked until the zucchini are soften.
- Put inside the tomatoes pure, season with sea salt, sugar and pinch of oregano. Give a taste, and correct it according your preference.
- After it bubbling away, take it from the heat and ready to serve.
- I serve mine with steam brown rice, creamy tahini dressing, guacamole, pan fried of slice zucchini, and sprinkle with parsley, spring onion, pomegranate.
- The world is mine.