Wow, this is when I put all my faith on cooking, for whatever happen will be happen. When I am ready to be upset, having no meal and kitchen disaster. Readily to washing dishes without enjoying satisfying meal. But this is what I would called adventure on cooking. Actually I wont totally upset, I will learning something, if turn out I am enjoying the recipe and even it becoming my favourite, that such hitting jack pot. Usually it happen a lot to me, when I least expect on things most of the time magically something beautiful coming forward to me.
For what I observe, chickpea are staple on Spanish meal ingredient, even though so far I have no much recipe base on chickpea. I think this is just one of my few recipe base on chickpea. I hope you enjoy it and give your self try.
Mine are not too perfect, I break it during half time of cooking, It is rustic in my defend *sigh. I enjoy it with fresh cherry tomatoes and arugula, also spicy peanut butter sauce. I am not complain to enjoy this for my lunch, comforting, satisfying and quite enough deliciousness for the ingredient that I am not used to digging. I called this my contemporary meal *haha
Shall we go to an adventure
VEGAN CHICKPEA OMELETTE
SERVE 1 portion
- I cup chickpea
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fresh grind of black pepper (divide into 2 part, 1/2 tsp for mix into the batter, 1/2 tsp later to sprinkle into the top of omelette)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 5 cherry tomatoes, half
- 1 spring onion, slice it in 5cm long
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, half
- In a big pan put in on the high heat, while you make the mixture, set the pan really hot, before putting in the chickpea mixture.
- In big bowl, Mix the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, sea salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, garlic powder, baking powder and dried parsley. Mixing it until really well combine.
- After the pan are really hot, put inside the chickpea batter then scatter the tomatoes, spring onion and the left of black pepper.
- Cooking it for at least 5 minute, until the bottom are having a crust, then carefully flipping it. If you don’t have the confident, you can put the big plate on top of the pan, then flip the pan onto the plate, the omelette will be transfer into the plate, then return the omelette into the pan and continue cooking.
- Continue cooking for at least 3 minute, it will make the tomatoes caramelise, in bursting in your mouth while you enjoy it.
- Take it off from the heat, serve with another fresh tomatoes and fresh arugula.
- I also enjoy mine with spicy peanut butter sauce