Ah, every time I ask my kids, what do you want to eat today, their request will be, noodle, pasta or any kind of noodle, I feel like I am living in noodle land, I just improvise putting this and that, as long as I put some nutritious filling in the recipe.
Owhh I don’t know how many time I told you, I love cold weather, because I love to indulge myself with comfort food, this recipe are one of them, with garlicky savoury broth. But if you are not fan of garlic, you can just put few of them to infuse the broth, But I think you need extra work to make this recipe really hit high, That is, you need to make the vegetable broth ahead, because of simplicity this recipe, you need to work extra mile with the vegetable broth.
Hehe so dramatic, not necessarily being complicated, but to keep some vegetable stock in fridge are like investment, whenever you are hungry and have no time, when you have vegetable stock in fridge you can literally throw something on it and create some delicious quick meals.
With this dishes, I love to put bitter mustard leafs, the bitterness are contrasting with the mellowness of the broth. But if you have difficulty to find it, you can used Pokcoy or even arugula, but if you want to used arugula better to serve it fresh.
I would make some recipe that using vegetable stock as a base. please stay tune with me *wink
For now, lets escape with me to the extra comfort morning, please don’t forget your blanket 😉
COMFORTING BREAKFAST NOODLE SOUP
Serve 2 portion
- 200 gram noodle ( I used vegan noodle, it is Vietnamese noodle, it hold really nice texture)
- Handful of mustard leafs, slice it rough or just leave it with the stalk
- 2 celery stalk, slice it according your preference
- 1 French shallot, slice it
- 5 garlic clove, crush it (ouch garlicky, but you can adjust it according your preference)
- 2 spring onion, slice it, white part to be sautéed with garlic and friends, the green part to serve
- Fried shallot or fried onion to serve (optional)
- 1000 ml vegetable stock
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Chilli flake to serve (optional)
- In medium size pot and medium high heat, put inside the oil, shallot, garlic, celery and white part of the spring onion. Sautéed them until fragrance.
- After the spices are fragrance, put inside the vegetable stock, season with sea salt and brown sugar then let it boiled.
- After the stock are boiled, give it a taste and if necessary adjust it base on your preference. Then put inside the noodle.
- Let the noodle cooked al-dente, then put inside the mustard leafs. Turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve, serve it with sprinkle slice spring onion and fried shallot. Mine also have a bunch chilli flake, Hot dishes to start my day *wink