I think you know that across Asia, there are quite a lot of spring roll recipe, and this are one of them, Indonesian version. Even though alone in Indonesia, we have several version, from wet to dry, from fried to soft with edgy taste. Commonly famous Risol are filled with fried glass noode, this recipe are good if you have left over fried glass noodle and want to upgrade it into something different. Good way to re-cook left over. You also can find it in every street vendor that sell anything fried snacking.
Another filling that we commonly used are, bamboo shoot, slice of carrot, beef or chicken. But today, I am going to stick with fried version and used fried noodle glass filling. In Semarang (the capital city of central Java) we have a Risol with wet version, the skin is made from thin soft crepe then filled with sautéed bamboo shoot and chicken, to be eaten with young spring onion and chilli, the taste are really edgy and ridiculously delicious, just omit the chicken. I willingly to devour it like right now, such a comfort food indulgence.
I am not going to post any new recipe, I will just show you how to make it. shall we? lets hug and kiss first *sigh
Here all you need
- One portion of fried glass noodle
- Spring roll skin or you can used phyllo pastry for extra layer and crunchiness
- A lot of vegetable oil to fried it
- In the end tip of the spring roll skin, put 1 tbs of fried glass noodle, then folded like envelope and roll them into cigar shape.
- Fried them into high heat, just watch them, it is easily to burn. Fried until golden brown
- Ready to serve
- You can serve it with sweet and spicy sauce from Thai food section