This noodle are my son favourite, but here I write it as the complement from Nasi uduk recipe that I posted earlier. This dishes are also able to be enjoy alone, in some area in Java island, this dishes also serve as a breakfast dishes, just fried rice glass noodle and maybe with some other company like vegetable fritter that I am going to post in the next feed.
This are humble dishes for me, imagining to enjoy it in front of my mother old stove, that made from mud and stone with fireplace, the smokey kitchen are really thing that I dearly missed. Certainly, childhood memories are thing that incomparable experience. The fact that my kids also loving it too, it is just warming my heart, I hope that I also able to make some memories for them like my mom did to me *cry a river.
Okay, move away the tears, would you like to go with me? To the kitchen
FRIED RICE GLASS NOODLE (VEGAN FRIENDLY)
Serve 2 Generous portion
Spice paste (blend it in blender into the paste consistency)
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 medium size French shallot
- 1/2 tsp whole white pepper
- 400 gram glass noodle (vermicelli)
- 2 carrot, slice it “Julienne”
- Handfull celery leaves, slice it fine
- 2 spring onion, separate the white and the green part, slice it
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs fried onion to serve
- 1 tbs roasted sesame seed to serve
- 1 spring onion, slice it to serve
- Slice red onion to serve (optional, traditionally we don’t have this)
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Cooked the glass noodle into boiling water until transparent, after transparent and soft, rinse and cooling down the glass noodle with cold running water (this method will stop cooking process and give the glass noodle chewy texture)
- In big pan, put inside the oil, the spice paste and the white part of the spring onion, sautéed until fragrance. Then put inside the carrot, cooked until the carrot soft.
- Put inside the glass noodle, season with salt and sugar. Then let the celery leaves and green part spring onion in. Stir it until really well combine.
- Serve with the companion of fried onion, spring onion, roasted sesame seed and slice red onion.
- Or serve this noodle with the coconut rice.