This kind of silky pudding are really famous back in my home country. I consider this recipe as my comfort dessert. My mom used to make this a lot during my childhood, I love food that bring a lot of memories, and this recipe absolutely one of them.
What make this recipe vegan is we used agar-agar powder instead of animal based gelatine. Back in my home country, since I have this recipe all way back years ago, the healthy of agar-agar content are just explore recently, it is make me so happy by knowing that my old time favourite dessert are healthy. Only back there we used milk that I replace with plant-based milk. The different are, it is taste more nuttier compare to cow based milk. Cow based milk provide this creamy, milky taste (which actually my problem and reason why I don’t like cow milk). While almond milk, give very strong almond taste that adding more rich flavour into the pudding.
What make this recipe quite different compare to my mom is, I used fresh raspberry to add some freshness. I blend the raspberry with fresh water and sieve it from the seed. then good to go to boiled it with the milk and agar-agar powder.
Shall we? would you visiting my child home comfort with me? *sigh
VEGAN RASPBERRY SILKY PUDDING
SERVE 6 cup of pudding
- 400 ml water
- 1 cup raspberry
- 1 liter almond milk or any plant based milk you prefer
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 7 gram agar-agar powder (look for the good quality one)
- In a blender, put inside raspberry and the water, blend them until soft, and sieve it from the raspberry seed.
- In medium size pot, put inside the sugar and agar-agar, stir it well, then put inside the almond milk. Stir back again, just stir it well to avoid any clumps.
- In medium high heat, put to pot in, stir it well and keep an eye on the milk, don’t get the milk separated.
- When the mixture are almost boiling, put inside the raspberry juice. Constantly stir until it boiled then once boiling take it out from the heat.
- Put it in the ramekin, it can make 6-7 ramekin, depend on the size of your ramekin. Then let it cool.
- After it cool put it on fridge for at least over night, the texture are really soft, so it is quite taking time to harden.
- Ready to enjoyed for the next 6-8 hours.
- Hope you like it.