When I accidentally found weird ingredient, then this happen, I just eyeing this tofu sheet during regular grocery shop in Asian store, I know dried thinly tofu sheet that usually for soup also regular soft-hard tofu, but this thick tofu sheet was never tasted it before. As I always curious on how thing being turn out so I pick one for some cooking experiment.
The raw taste before cooked are just like normal tofu, bland and soft, my idea is to half fried it to create a texture also with heavy seasoning to create some flavour. It was turn so good, My kids and husband were loving it, it is finger licking good as the sauce was lingering beautifully into the tofu. I want to tried also as soup with kombu stock and seaweed with heavy spicy from slice green chilli, hmm Yumm, but first thing first.
Note: if you have a difficulty to find tofu sheet, you can find regular hard tofu and fried it until golden brown before put any seasoning.
TOFU SHEET IN BLACK PEPPER SAUCE
- A bowl of square bite slice tofu sheet OR you can also used 400 gram hard tofu, fried until golden brown in bite size
- 1 green paprika, slice it according your preference
- 1 onion, slice it rough in square
- 3 clove of garlic, mince it
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 3 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh grind black pepper
- 2 spring onion slice it rough
- 3-4 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size hot pan and medium high heat, put inside the vegetable oil then fried the tofu sheet, fried until some of them browning a lit bit, don’t over cooked it, other wise it will be tough.
- After the tofu are a bit browning put inside garlic and onion, sautéed until onion are soft.
- Put all the seasoning in, and quick stir until the sweet soy sauce and soy sauce are coating the tofu, give it a taste and correct it according your preference.
- Lastly before taking it off from heat, put inside the spring onion and sauteed quickly then off from the heat.
- Ready to serve.
- I serve mine with a bowl warm rice and that is all