This dishes will warming and refresh your tummy on hard windy autumn. I particularly love this variant of eggplant, this eggplant are commonly we have in Asia, long-skinny eggplant. Somehow, I think it taste more sweeter and chewy in texture compare to what I commonly found in here (supermarket or mercado), but please feel free to choose your favourite type of eggplant, after all cooking is about your preference on what is flavourful and delicious for you.
I used the recipe for green curry paste here VEGAN GREEN THAI CURRY , but you can used any of your favourite green curry paste recipe, you can even used from the bottle, but first ensure about the spiciness and saltiness. Mine are absolutely spicy and hot, I want some warm anyway. I used broccolini for some extra crunch and sweetness, but you also can used broccoli or sweet green bean.
I serve mine with fluffy jasmine rice and some cucumber for freshness and hotness relief, also sprinkle of fresh cilantro. You sure can top with anything you love, I wish to have some pomegranate though, owh the fresh sourness will add some edge into the dishes.
Alright, here we go?
STIR FRIED EGG PLANT AND BROCCOLINI IN GREEN CURRY PASTE
SERVE 2 portion as a side dishes
- 2 medium size of Asian purple eggplant, or used 1 big regular eggplant, slice it in a bite size
- 1 tbs green curry paste
- 1 Handful of broccoli or 7-8 spring of broccolini
- 1 big shallot, slice it
- Sea salt, light brown sugar and pepper to taste
- 50ml water
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
To Serve: Steam jasmine rice, slice cucumber and few spring of cilantro
- In medium pan and medium heat, put inside 1 tbs vegetable oil and egg plant. Fried eggplant until a lit bit char and then set aside.
- In the same pan, put inside the rest of the oil, put inside the green curry paste and shallot, sautéed until it fragrance.
- After the curry paste is fragrance, put inside the broccolini and sautéed until it soft then put back in the egg plant.
- Let the water in and season with sea salt, light brown sugar and pepper, give a taste and correct it according your preference.
- Stir until the water are all absorb, take out from the heat and ready to serve.
- I serve mine with fully jasmine rice, slice cucumber and sprinkle of fresh cilantro.