It is been a while since my last Italian dishes inspired, I kind a miss it. I intentionally want to cooked this dishes, just an idea actually, what if I put this with that kind of thing. I turn love it, it is quite weird combination though, it is quick to cook but the only patient you are going to need are roasted the tomatoes.
The flavour are quite unique, it is smoky, sweet, mellow savouriness from thyme (Thyme is my favourite herb, it is mellow and gentle), sour and fresh, I would call this my comfort food. I serve this dishes as my second breakfast, yup, you heard it right, I eat pasta for breakfast.
I want talk to long, I catch some cold but I really need to share the recipe of this dishes.
TAGLIATELLE WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES, DRIED PEPPER AND THYME SAUCE
SERVE 1 greedy portion
- 100 gram tagliatelle, cooked it according to the package instruction
- 1 dried pepper, shredded
- 7-8 spring of thyme
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chop it rough
- 1/2 onion, dice it
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- chop parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven 200 degree celsius, meanwhile in heat resistant bowl put inside the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, few spring of thyme and season with sea salt and pepper. Bring it into hot oven, roasted for 30 minute. Then set aside
- In medium pan and medium heat, put inside few table spoon of olive oil, put inside the dried pepper and thyme, fried until fragrance, then put inside the onion and garlic, sautéed until soft.
- After the onion are soft put inside the roasted cherry tomatoes and crush tomatoes, cooked until it bubbling away, sprinkle with few spring of fresh thyme, season with sea salt and pepper. Give a taste and corrected the flavour accordingly.
- Put inside the pasta and few table spoon of pasta water, stir it really well until the sauce are coating the pasta beautifully.
- Ready to serve with chop parsley. I also serve mine with Pecorino cheese