It’s cheating time and indulge yourself, I love being lazy potatoes couch and yet I still able to devour delicious dishes. And the way to that is, good quality ready made spices paste, I have some array collection of my favourite spices paste, just in case for laziness emergency hehe.
The thing about this are, you can’t compromise with the ingredient you used, used the freshest ingredient as you possibly could, that is the reason why I love seasonal and local produce, it is cheap, fresh and delicious.
I got the eggplant from my dearly girlfriend, which come from her father home garden, the eggplant of my dream, it is sweet, meaty and so aromatic, gave a contrast compliment into the strong spices thick broth. I enjoy the curry with some fresh cilantro, yesss it yumm and fluffy warm basmati rice, really good for this cold early winter. Madrid are ridiculously cold this season, just unusually very cold.
CHEATING VEGAN CURRY
SERVE 2-3 small portion
- 1 tbs mild curry paste (I used as picture above, it is mild and with mellowness of spices, not strong pungent one)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 small eggplant (slice as your preference)
- 1 onion, dice it
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice or just crush it
- Sea salt and sugar to taste
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- cilantro to serve
- Rice (I choose basmati) to serve
- In medium pot and medium high heat, put inside the vegetable oil, ginger and onion. Sautéed until fragrance and the onion are soft.
- After the onion are soft, put inside the curry paste and just sautéed for a while.
- Put inside the coconut milk and egg plant, season with sea salt and sugar, cooked until the egg plant are soft and coconut milk are thick (don’t forget to give a taste and corrected it accordingly).
- Take out from the heat and ready to serve.
- It is better to serve hot
Note: You can add some more ingredient if you love to, in this case I want to taste this sweet egg plant.