I am sorry that I have to move the fat grilled mushroom in the next post, I am too exciting to write this story. Somehow, I think already said this so many time, I love leftover, I love limited ingredient which pushing me through boundaries of my imagination, and I love fridge foraging.
This recipe are a result of my fridge foraging, you even can see my sad lemon sitting in that picture. Only handful of cilantro, sad lemon, and avocado that I don’t know why it sitting in my fridge for so long hehe. Usually I used this similar recipe but with quite traditional parsley or basil. For the rest are resembling of pesto. The flavour of the pesto are edgy it such a freshness bomb, a bit sour, salty, creamy, gentle cilantro taste and just married beautifully.
And yes I enjoy this as my breakfast, quite heavy you see, I have it around 10-11AM, it was more like brunch and have a cup of Roiboos tea afterward, you can not beat my morning hehe.
Here we go, and trust me it is super easy to make yet so quick and satisfying
BREAKFAST CREAMY AVOCADO CILANTRO PASTA
Serve 2 portion
- 1 medium size avocado
- 1 handfull cilantro, stalk in, it is the flavour bomb
- 1 small garlic, I don’t want to overpower my gentle morning *hehe
- 4 good virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 of lemon
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- White pepper
- 6 roasted hazelnut or 1 table spoon pine nut
- 100 gram whole wheat angel hair spaghetti (or you favourite pasta)
- Chop cilantro to serve
- Cooked the pasta according to it package.
- Blend all ingredient for pesto until smooth and creamy (exclude the spaghetti obviously hehe). Then set aside.
- Mixed cooked spaghetti with the pesto, as creamy as you wanted to, also the trick, blend with the 1-2 tablespoon pasta water.
- Ready to serve with sprinkle chop of cilantro.