Morning mess in our house. With the kids about to go to school, running here and over there, but I still have a time to take some of my food picture, thing that I always good complain from my daughter, mommy I am hungry please just give me the food *sigh. During those mess, thing happen, sometime bad sometime good, luckily in this particular morning something good happen.
I was intended to make tomatoes pasta for them, in the night earlier my son requested specific thing that he want to have tomatoes pasta for breakfast, yeppp you read it right, we have pasta for breakfast, which vary on style, sometime we have aglio olio pasta, alfredo or all time favourite tomatoes pasta.
In the time of cooking, I was preparing on ingredients, then I realise that only so few spaghetti left in my stock, bad bad, I usually always have spaghetti as it is their favourite thing to eat *sigh. Okay then, I add with some mix leftover tiny all shape pasta that the amount is so few to cooked it just by them-self with hope it will be okay (they found it amusing to find all shape pasta in one dishes).
And then the second thing happen, I always add starchy pasta water in all my pasta recipe, in here because I was in hurry, I was not draining the pasta completely, just throw some pasta water in the sink and throw the rest into the sauce, and voila, my tomatoes pasta turn into tomatoes soup pasta.
But turn out so yummy, with only simple ingredients, the starchy pasta water make the soup creamy thick, because I need to reduce some of the pasta water, the oregano infuse make the soup taste like pizza, referring to my son haha. So after all it is a win.
Come on, do you want to have some intended accident with me?
PASTA IN TOMATOES SOUP
- 1 cup of all shape small pasta (or just used a handful of spaghetti)
- 1 shallot, chop it
- 2 garlic, crush it and chop
- 1/2 stalk of celery, chop it quite fine
- A good pinch of dried oregano, around 1/4 tsp (just need to infuse the sauce)
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes in a can, or whole tomatoes in can and chop it.
- Sea salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of parsley to serve
- In medium size pot, cooked the paste in good salty water, I cooked mine half way cooked, because later on it is going to be continue cooking into the tomatoes sauce/soup.
- When the pasta cooked, store some pasta water, it is really depend, because you also can make pasta sauce instead of pasta soup. I store 1 and 1/2 cup of salty pasta water. Then drained the pasta. Set aside.
- In medium pan and medium heat, sautéed shallot, garlic and celery until fragrance and soft.
- When the basic ingredient are soft put inside the crushed tomatoes then pinch of dried oregano. Continue to cooked until the sauce are bubbling away. Then put inside the pasta water.
- Give it a taste, because the pasta water are already quite salty, just add some extra sea salt if the sauce really need it, otherwise add only good fresh grind pepper or any white pepper you got. Then give it another taste, when you already reach a balance of flavour you wanted then put inside the pasta.
- Continue to cooked the pasta until the pasta are cooked according to your preference and the soup are thicken.
- Then take out from the heat and ready to serve. I serve mine with sprinkle of parsley.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly