Let’s make this weird winter a bit brighter, hotter or warmer maybe? from this spicy fresh sour tomatoes sambal. But I hope you could find some zucchini, you could freely add some fresh mushroom like oyster mushroom, champignon or shiitake mushroom, any meaty mushroom to carried quite full body of spices.
This maybe look super simple, but I think all you need on this cold winter is simplicity but with big punch of flavour. Not much move you need to cooked this dishes, the only effort you need are chopping the veggies and blend the spices, well maybe washing dishes afterward *hehe
The gloomy grey winter could be daunting, food is my go to remedy, which I hope some healthy one, well there is nothing wrong with naughty one, but my body is my wonderland, that is all I need during cold-cold winter, why? because I don’t want to get sick, which sometime even with some mitigation of choosing healthy food, I still caught some cold. Though I still enjoy some Rebel whooper here and there, once or twice in a month, also bunch of greasy french fries, all good, lets get the balance, muaach. XO
So let’s crossing and enjoy some tropical food with me?
ZUCCHINI AND BEAN SPROUT IN TOMATOES SAMBAL
- 1 Medium size zucchini
- 1 handful of bean sprout (omit if you don’t have it, happen I just have it in my fridge)
- 1 spring onion, slice it rough
- AS follow are the ingredient of the spice paste, blend all of them into thick paste : 1 medium size of tomatoes (half ripe would make the paste more sour fresh, if you want some sweet add ripe tomatoes), 1 big shallot, 2 candlenut (or replace with skinless almond for same amount, roasted if you have patient, otherwise just used it as it is), 1 chilli (seedless if you want to), 2 small garlic.
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 lemon grass — optional
- Sea salt, sugar and pepper
- In medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the spice blend, lime leaves and lemon grass. Sautéed until all the liquid are evaporate then put the vegetable oil in. Continue sautéed.
- Continue sautéed until the spices blend are bubbling away and fragrance.
- When the spice blend are fragrance, bring in the zucchini, stir it occasionally until the zucchini are soft, soft but not overcooked, because it crunchiness what it make delicious (note: this are for me) or just cooked according to your preference. Season with sea salt, pepper and pinch of sugar for balance, don’t forget to give it a taste.
- Lastly bring in the bean sprout and spring onion, and give final stir until mixed thoroughly and blending well.
- Take out from the heat.
- I enjoy mine with warm rice and sprinkle of fried onion.