Some comfie morning, such a bless, such a privilege. A lot bad things happen, but a lot of good things happening too, depend on how you view it. If I want to complain I could spend my whole day complaining about things, but then I couldn’t get anything from it.
This are one of my way to say thank you to myself, after the messy morning I deserve something comforting. It is not always mean something flashy, something humble and simple, all work good, again, depend on from where you view it.
I have one old banana sitting in my kitchen, baby fuji apple that my kids loves (for their school snack, we call it merienda, that is snack that eat in between meals), and some little amount of oatmeal, e voila, it becoming my late breakfast indulgence. So simple, yet delicious and warming to be enjoy during gloomy dark cold morning. It is like blanket, yummy blanket.
APPLE PIE AND BANANA OATMEAL PORRIDGE
- 1/2 apple (or whole small apple), dice it
- 1/2 big banana (or whole as you please), slice it
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon (or any ground cinnamon you have in your cupboard)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs vegan butter
- 1 to 11/2 cup plant based milk (depend on how soft your porridge)
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle on maple syrup to serve
- extra ground cinnamon to serve
- In small pan and medium heat, put inside the vegan butter and the apple, sautéed for few minute, when the butter sizzling, put inside the sugar and ground cinnamon, continue stirring ( you need to keep close aye on it, since they are easy to get burn).
- When the apple are bit browning (not from the cinnamon, but it is visible change of colour from the apple) put inside the milk, then the oatmeal.
- When the porridge are bubbling away, put inside the banana and pinch of salt, give it a taste and corrected it accordingly. Cooked the banana according to your preference.
- Take out from the heat, when you have right consistency as you prefer. I love my porridge have a bit texture so mine are not take very long time to cooked as I don’t want it to be overly soft.
- I serve mine with drizzle of maple syrup and good dusting of ground cinnamon.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly