I am so bored, like super bored to the point that quite dangerous for me *haha. I really need something really new, in a kind of food way, refreshing and instant lift up mood, again in a food form, sometime I gravitate my activity base on food, things like okay I am awake now, what I am going to eat today, what I want to have, owh it is lunch time what I am going to have for dinner, Yup that is me *haha.
There was light snow this morning in Madrid, dark grey sky and cold, I following my intuition to stop by in my favourite fruit and vegetable shop, even though I was just from there yesterday. If others girl may be going to clothes or shoes shop for window shopping, I prefer going to fruit shop for window shopping, with note, bring less money as possible, otherwise I would be too impulsive and buy all kind of fruit and veggies *ahemm.
So on the shop, I found this fennel bulb, I never tasted it before, and curious how it taste, thinking about made some salad. Still clueless how to make this salad I was thinking about, Salad is not usually my things even though I like it, if I want to eat some salad usually I’d just buy ready to eat salad. Honestly I don’t know how to make it *haha, and just throw some ingredient I got together. For the dressing, I just made it simple, balancing salty, sour and sweet, squeeze of fresh lemon juice, honey, virgin olive oil, pepper, himalayan pink salt (be careful of pink himalayan salt, I just put a pinch of it, because it quite salty compare to sea salt, that is what I think, so freely adjust the salt as your preference, but remember that too many salt would be make the salad too watery later on, if let say you want to enjoy it like 15 minute later), and the dressing was turn so beautiful as my expectation, it was quite surprise me, make me even more exciting. I think, I’d never buy any ready to eat salad again, if possible *haha. I hope you don’t get bored for random salad recipe in the next post.
Here if you want to make this salad
WINTER SALAD IN HONEY LEMON DRESSING
Serve 1 generous portion (yeaaa I eat that all by myself)
- 1/2 bulb fennel, slice it really fine
- 1/2 medium size fuji apple (slice them finely in the last minute before serve)
- 1/2 avocado, slice them chunky in the last minute before serve
- 1 small size mandarin orange
- Handful of arugula leaf
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil (Spain extra virgin olive oil are delicious)
- 1 tbs honey
- a pinch of himalayan pink salt
- a pinch of white pepper
- 1 tbs fresh squeeze lemon juice
- In small bottle, put all the dressing ingredient together, shake them until well combine
- Mix all the salad ingredient, and pour the dressing, toss them gently
- Ready to serve, easy peasy