I got this Kale that I really want to cooked it with a lot of chilli and shallot, but I don’t know why it is just sitting in the fridge for already few days (haha another excuse, my laziness are the winner). It is in the middle of the week, when usually kids are already ate in the school and usually they are tend to not really hungry after school time, their hungry time usually close to the bed time *rolling eyes, so better be prepared, when I asked for dinner, the kids want to eat some fish, I force them to have it to be exact *haha, I think they are weird, the same fishes in certain time they are really loving it even asking for more, but in another time they will refuse it no matter what, it puzzle me.
I have this beautiful sustainable salmon fillet in my stock, I want to cooked them with Thai inspired marinated, so the side dishes must be Asian inspired too. Actually I am not really sure to cooked the Kale in Asian seasoning, but I have to give it a try, and mixed it with even more uncommon ingredient for Asian cooking, such as fennel bulb and Judia verde (judia verde is green bean, but it is big and long, not common green bean that ever I saw in my home country, I don’t know in your country what to call it, but you can google it to know it appearance).
The fact that this dishes is such a hit was quite surprise me, I just blanch a Kale before, or in simple seasoning which just salt, pepper and pinch of sugar, seasoning them with soy sauce, sesame oil and with beautiful outcome was make me so happy, the sesame oil really elevating the taste of this dishes, it create subtle smokiness which is I’d about repeat again that I love smoky things *haha, yeay, another way to eat super Kale, I just cooked it quick in high heat, so I could keep the Kale beautiful green leaf. Even my husband, I have to push him to eat a lot more veggies, and he enjoy this dishes, and finish a half plate of it *thanks God the kids are just sheep like me, eat anything green haha.
Here the recipe if you want to tried
ASIAN INSPIRED SAUTÉED VEGGIES
Serve 3 small portion
- 5-6 Kale stalk (tear it apart in small pieces)
- 1/2 fennel bulb (slice it finely)
- 5-6 Judia verde or green bean, if you used green bean you can used hand full of it (Julienne slice them)
- 1/2 red chilli, seed out, slice them on your preference (if you like it HOT you certainly can add more ;))
- 1/2 french shallot, slice them
- 3 garlic clove *owh garlicky, crush and chop them
- 1 big onion spring, slice the bulb finely
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt (I used pink himalayan salt, that would be really depend on your salty preference, I just add a pinch because himalayan salt are salty compare to sea salt, and enough saltiness from the soy sauce)
- 1 tbs light olive oil
- In medium heat, put medium fried pan and light olive oil, after the oil is hot, put inside french shallot, garlic clove, onion spring and slice chilli, sautéed them until fragrance and soft
- After the basic are fragrance and soft put inside judia verde and fennel bulb, put the hight heat, we need to cooked the veggies quick so we can keep the crunchiness, after the judia verde change in colour add in the Kale, stir it quick, add the soy sauce, sesame oil and brown sugar, taste it, if it less salty you can add pinch of salt
- After the kale are soft and shiny, take it off from the heat
- You can enjoy it with steam brown rice or as it is