I must be punished to ever cooked this pasta, I am really sorry Italian, but one thing that I love about Italian food is for the simplicity and the humbleness, things that I exploit into maximum point as I could. And this dishes are not the exception. My boy are sick, I have so limited time, my body were screaming for rest and one of food that he love to eat during illness is pasta, so here I am trying to be a good mother *hehe.
Just basic Italian, like pasta, salt and garlic, but adding sweet cherry tomatoes are just a bonuses of flavouring that bursting into bites. What odds are, I add some chives into this pasta, which something that usually not common in traditional pasta recipe. Which actually turn not that bad *even though I am ready for punishment hehe.
SO, want get lost and being punished with me? hehe
SERVE 3 small portion
- 100 gram macaroni
- Handfull of sweet red cherry potatoes
- Few chive, chop it rough (for more traditional option, you can replace it with celery stalk and parsley)
- 3 garlic cloves, crush and chop it rough
- Fresh grind of black pepper (quantity according your preference)
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs vegetable oil or vegan butter
- In medium size pot, boiled a water, good enough to cook and soak the pasta, add generous amount of salt to seasoned the pasta, cooked the pasta according to package or until al dente.
- After the pasta cooked and rinse, in medium size pan and medium heat, put inside garlic and vegetable oil (celery stalk if used it), sautéed until fragrance, then put inside sweet cherry potatoes.
- Stir for a while then put inside the pasta, seasoned with pinch of sea salt, dried thyme, black pepper, give it a taste and adjust it according your preference.
- Lastly sprinkle with chives.
- Ready to serve
2 Comments Add yours
Just like you I am also a fan of simple pasta recipes. I love it as long as it has few but fresh ingredients 😊 Hence I will have to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yess, If I let my kids making choices of what to cooked today, I will eat pasta everyday :D, and I love traditional Italian when usually they only put few good quality ingredient and make their simplicity stand out. Thank you, please give it try ;).
LikeLiked by 1 person