It is near the end of December, it is getting cold and cold. Something that cold but warm is good, this salad are refreshing, the ingredient will warmed up cold stomach. We called it Hinojo here, it is fennel bulb, it is sweet, warm and have light star anise flavoured.
I mixed my core ingredient (The fennel bulb), with typical wintery vegetable and fruit. Clementine, pomegranate and bitter curl endive, since mostly I eat for my eyes, this curl endive are in season and the leaves are so beautiful, mother nature work of art.
But the surprise is dressing, uhmm, yes very simple, fresh, slightly spicy and smoky dressing will light up the salad.
Yes winter can come but I always able to live in my tropical paradise bubble. And so you are. So shall we?
ASIAN INFUSE WINTER SALAD
SERVE 1 big portion/2 small portion
- 1 small fennel bulb, slice it thin
- 4-5 big leave of curl endive, shredded into one bite size (or you can choose any bitter salad leave, to give a contrast. Or not you can choose your favourite salad leaves)
- 1 or 2 clementine, peel and seperate it for each bulb.
- 1/2 of pomegranate, get the seed out *hehe (mine are just I put it down in palm of my hand and hit the skin of the fruit with spoon, e voila)
- DRESSING (shake it in small bottle) : 3 table spoon sweet and spicy asian chilli sauce, 1 tbs sesame oil, 1 tbs fresh lemon juice and pinch of salt (if you have in hand used lime)
- assembly your salad as work of art (remember you eat through eyes hehe) and just simply drizzle with the dressing.
- Ready to serve.
2 Comments Add yours
Great post 😁