My husband just back from working trip, getting home with really bad cold. Usually he always be the last standing when we had flu-war, he have really good immune system, so going home being knock down it is time to go get some good bowl of warm medicine soup. Similar as me, chemical medicine always our last option, not that we are anti-medicine but we prefer our body fight out while we devour something nutritious, good idea isn’t it?
This soup is full of spice, maybe would be remind you of warm winter December, I have ginger, nutmeg, clove and sweet cinnamon. While for the main ingredient I keep everything basic and hearty, your daily standard staple I believe. But sure you can put vegetable you’d love, the star of this recipe are the broth.
I am not going to talk and talk, so let’s go.
PENICILIN SPICE SOUP
Serve 3-4 portion
- 3 Carrot, slice it in chunk
- 3 medium potatoes, slice it in chunk
- 2 celery stalk, slice in in chunk
- 3 fat clove of garlic, crush it
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 small nutmeg, just put it inside whole
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice it
- 2-3 stalk parsley, slice it
- Handful of green bean, slice it as you prefer
- 3-4 shiitake mushroom, slice it
- Sea salt and pepper ( a lot of it )
- 1 tsp sugar (brown sugar if you like it)
- 1500ml water
- In big pot and medium heat, put inside all the ingredient together, except (slice parsley, green bean and shiitake, put them lastly before taking off from the heat).
- Let the vegetable cooked slowly and soft, give proper taste (because potatoes are prone to absorb salt so maybe you need to keep check on how the broth are taste).
- When everything please you put inside the last ingredients, and cooked for couple of minutes, 5-8 minute,
- Take off from heat and ready to serve.
- I serve mine with fried shallot, it is splendidly satisfying.