This recipe are work nice when you don’t have time, when you feel lazy, when you hungry and wanting something quick and not really bad meal. I don’t know if I should consider this meal as instant meal, because I used seasoning mix from package hehe. So the key here is you need to find good quality and delicious fajita mix spice. I Love the fajita mix because of this distinctive smokey exotic flavour, and I enjoy it with warm steam rice also slice avocado. Fulfilling for hungry stomach, not too bad meal and easy lazy effort.
I used the “Fake Chicken” because that is what I have in fridge, but you could used any other option according to you preference, say button mushroom, any kind of mushroom, tofu, tempeh, or maybe even garbanzo or other tough veggies.
But here we are the dump easy recipe.
FAKE CHICKEN FAJITA
- 1/2 onion or 1 shallot (I choose shallot though), slice it
- 1/2 paprika, slice it
- 1 scallion, slice it
- 250 gram fake chicken, or used the substitute
- 1 tbs ready to used fajita mix spice
- Sea Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium heat and medium size pan, put inside the vegetable oil, shallot, slice paprika and the white part of the scallion, sautéed until soft and fragrance.
- After the basic seasoning are fragrance, put inside the fake chicken or the substitute, continue sautéed until the fake chicken slightly change in colour.
- Then put in fajita spice mix, sea salt and pepper. Continue to stir, thoroughly. Don’t forget to give it a taste and corrected it accordingly. Lastly put inside the green part of the scallion, stir one more time and take out from the heat.
- Ready the enjoy. See how fast this lazy meal and I enjoy it with steam rice and sprinkle of fried shallot, what a joke. Sorry Mexican.